Friday, November 17, 2006

Hudson comes and Emmitt wins!!

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated. Last week Regan and I went to visit my family in Kansas while Eric was gone at a convention and state marching contest. He had the camera, so there weren't any pictures to post. But now we're back and with lots of news!!

First off, the absolute most exciting part of our week was watching the Dancing with the Stars finale when Emmitt won!! This was Regan's reaction to my jumping around and screaming. She's makes the funniest faces.
The night before we came home (which would've been last Saturday) Regan started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. She's been working on perfecting that art this week and is getting to where she stays on her hands and knees quite awhile before she finally falls down. It's pretty comical to watch her try to figure out how to get to her toys.
The other exciting part of this week has been that Hudson has started coming over for 3 hours every day now that Aunt Kristen is back at work. We've been having a lot of fun with him, even though our week hasn't been completely accident free.

This picture was taken about 20 seconds before Regan whacked Hudson in the face with her toy. The next day, I was checking to see if Hudson's diaper was wet. I checked by doing the very same thing I do with Regan... I squeezed the diaper. Hudson, in no uncertain terms, let me know that checking a boy's diaper should be done differently than when checking a girl's diaper. Other than those two incidents, we've had a great first week!
Hudson likes to lay and look at things, so one day I put him under Regan's play gym so he could look at the toys. I sat Regan at the other end so she could play with the ball, and they played (or in Hudson's case, looked) like that for about 15 minutes. It was so cute!
One of the biggest adjustments to having Hudson has been that he is not a pacifier baby like Regan. He likes to suck on one, but he can't quite figure out the system, so in order to make him happy, you have to hold the pacifier in his mouth the whole time. (Luckily after a few minutes, he usually gives up!) Anyway, this picture is mostly for James and Kristen because I actually got Hudson to suck on his pacifier all by himself for about 5 minutes! I was so proud of myself. :)

4 comments:

Kacie said...

she's getting big! she's going to be up and crawling really soon I bet. She's so cute :) sterling isn't walking yet, only pulling up on things. he doesn't seem to interested in walking- he'd much rather be carried around :)

Anonymous said...

We are currently waiting to determine the long-term effect of the face-bashing and diaper-checking incidents before we seek punitive damages.

KJo said...

Sounds like youg guys are having fun. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

At some point it becomes illegal to put naked pictures of your kid on the internet. Just thought I'd give you a heads up on that...

James