Thursday, October 12, 2006

Family Camp

This past weekend we spent up at El Porvenir Christian Camp with our church family. It was such a relaxing, peaceful weekend. We got up there Friday evening in the middle of a blackout; we had to unload our car by the light of our cell phones! I'm pretty sure I've never been in the dark quite like that! Anyway, here are just a few of the many pictures we took. This is the chapel where Eric and I first met.


Here's Regan and her friend, Matt Thurston. She was acting a bit camera shy.
And a storm rolling in....
And Caitlin Shaffer, who is without a doubt, the best babysitter anyone could ask for! All weekend long wherever Regan was, there was Caitlin holding her! It was actually nice to not have to constantly watch out for what Regan was putting in her mouth because Caitlin was always there to do that!

And our other favorite babysitters, Travis and Kayla. We had a lot of fun playing Phase 10 with them and a few others the last night. Or not. Eric and Travis were caught cheating and ruined the whole game for the rest of us because they're bad losers. Big brown...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time. I didn't get to hear much about it when we all were here. Thanks for the updates via the blog.
Loved Eric's blog also but I can't send him a comment. How funny about the Root Beer/Sprite.
Love ya, Mom

Eric Rath said...

I know, Eric's blog makes me laugh so hard. He's such a good story teller, huh?

Anonymous said...

we were so not cheating. puh-lease. but seriously, great picture. not. at least kayla looks good in it...