Friday, September 14, 2007

Busy... busy

I've been so bad at taking pictures lately so I don't really have a lot to post, but here are a few from the last several weeks:

Regan doing one of her favorite things: getting in the basket of toys and throwing them all out. It's actually pretty cute because she then picks them all up and puts them in the basket, then repeats the process. It keeps her entertained for quite awhile!
Regan wearing the adorable outfit that Grammy bought for her. I've been waiting for a cold day and Monday was it, so she wore her new outfit. She looked very stylish but didn't want to pose for a picture, so this is the best one I got!
Two weeks ago, Sarah, Kylie, Mom, Dad, Regan and I all headed out for a trip to Farmington, NM to see Brandi and her family. We were there the day after Kyle's 1st birthday, so we got to have a little party for him. I thought this was a good picture and it shows that the older we get, the more Brandi and I look alike (and like Mom!). I didn't get a very good picture of me and Sarah because....
... Sarah spent most of the weekend laying around on the couch. Why was she so lazy, you ask? Well, that would be because Kylie is going to be a big sister!! :) Sarah is about 7 weeks behind me and is due April 28th (one day before Mom and Dad's 31st anniversary). Mom thinks Sarah and I are in a contest to give her a heart attack since I'm due 3 days after farmer's taxes are due and Sarah's cutting it pretty close to tax day herself! :)
Here's a cute picture of Kylie and Aubrey playing so nice together....

... and one of Kyle trying to beat Regan up! :) They haven't quite figured out how to play together nicely yet. Most of the time Regan wanted to be with the big girls and Kyle just wanted to crawl around and be with Papa. But, I'm sure it won't be long before they'll be running around like best buddies. Here's the birthday boy not enjoying the hat his mom put on him!
And then very satisfied once he got his hands in the cake! He was a mess but man, he sure was cute!
The last weekend in August, Richard and Nancy came to visit. I must not have taken very many pictures while they were here but I got a good one of Nancy and Regan reading a book.


Life around here has been pretty eventful the last week or so. Since we got back from NM, Regan has had a runny nose and cough and a little fever. We called the doctor and they sent a prescription but it didn't seem to be doing the trick. Then Sunday morning Regan woke up with a 103.6 fever. So she and I stayed home from church and went to the doctor first thing Monday morning. They gave us a prescription for penicillin and sent us on our way. The cause of the fever was a sinus infection that was draining into her ears and throat. Then Tuesday, Regan woke up with a rash on her torso and her face was real splotchy looking.

To make a very long and somewhat confusing story, short, we thought she was allergic to the penicillin, did a few things different for a few days, she got better and now we're thinking the culprit may actually be the gatorade we gave her to offset the messy diapers from her medicine.

Either way, she's feeling better, I think and starting to act more like herself. The best part of all of this is that she was so tired and felt so crummy on Sunday that the entire day was spent in the chair watching week 1 of the NFL. It was great mother/daughter bonding time. She's now well learned of the rules of football and how and why the Cowboys are the greatest franchise in the history of the game.

It's my goal to take pictures more often, so hopefully the next post will be more pictures and less rambling from me, right Bill!? :)

5 comments:

chrisandtif said...

We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Toooo cute!!! Sounds like things are going good! I miss you SO much! Love ya!
Tiffany Jett

team D said...

Ok this is Esther from off my space. Love the pictures and your daughter is so cute.

chrisandtif said...

Cowboys? Really?! I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Anwyay, Regan looks so adorable! Hope you guys are doing great. We are having fun and working our tails off. How is the band doing? Of course you saw the OU pictures...we were excited to see the OU band, and disappointed after we saw them. Sad, actually, for a college band. I know that WT's shows were at least 10 times harder. What's more, I think they only do one show. At Tech, while our shows were easier than your's at WT, we would do 3 or 4 a year. Anyway, I'll stop "ranting and raving" for now. Talk to you later!

chrisandtif said...

Oh, the ranting and raving is about to begin...Mr. Rath, context clues will tell you that I, Chris, left you the comment. I referred to Tech's shows as "our" shows. As you well know, Tif did not attend Tech, I attended the infamous institution. So, I am choosing not to spend any money on a pregnancy test. I think I'll use the money to go buy something with the Redskins on it. Don't the "Dallas" cowboys play in Arlington? It's as if Dallas doesn't even want them...Baby poop on your rye bread!