Tuesday, January 29, 2008

5 weeks and counting....

I can hardly believe that the baby is due just five weeks from yesterday! And since my doctor doesn't let anyone go beyond a week past their due date, that means in 6 weeks, we're going to have a baby!!!

Regan spent this past weekend with Nana and Papa in Elkhart, which gave Eric and I the whole weekend to get a lot of work done around the house to get ready for the baby. Of course, we didn't quite meet my list of "nesting expectations" but I don't think the baby will really care if the kitchen cabinets are relined or not! Here's Regan dancing around in a new outfit from Nana and Papa. It has a hat and she looks really cute with it on, but she wouldn't wear it for the camera.
Here's the butchering her bangs took before we left. I was afraid Mom would take her to the barber in Elkhart if I didn't at least cut her bangs, so I went against every instict and chopped them myself. And I definitely chopped them... they're so short and crooked!! I hope they have time to grow out a bit before the baby comes so that I can get her hair cut for real!!!
Here's Regan's new crib that we got from a friend at church. It changes into a toddler crib, which is why she's getting the new crib. But we don't think we could put her to bed and expect her to stay there, so it's still just a crib for now!
This is the baby's room/guest room. It was a lot of fun to go through the shed and pull out all of the baby stuff. I'd forgotten how cute it all is!
Another view from just inside the door.
And then standing in front of the changing table.
And then standing in front of the bathroom. Regan thinks it's really funny to climb through the fish thing beside the bed and then hide under the crib.
All in all, I think we got a lot done and are pretty much ready for Baby Rath #2 to make his or her appearance! And in case you're wondering, yes, I did cry as we drove away from Regan, but once we got home, I just kept myself busy cleaning and organizing so that I didn't have to think about her being gone! :)

1 comment:

KJo said...

Ah...you're having another baby. That's a crazy thought. I wish I could see you before Baby Rath #2 gets here...and after too. It doesn't really matter how badly you mutilated Regan's bangs, she's still super cute! Oh...and I've finally updated my blog (kansasone.blogspot.com). Miss ya, lady. Happy nesting!