Still no camera... Sorry, but you'll have to settle for another word-painted picture. :)
Things are going just swell in the Rath household. Eric started school today, which is really no big deal since they've been having summer band for 3 weeks already. The only difference is that now he's required to dress up and wear close toed shoes, which for him is a major sacrifice. Regan starts back at Mother's Day Out tomorrow. We go tonight to meet her new teachers, Tiffany and Tabitha, the latter of which is much cause for confusion because Regan thinks if she sees Tabitha, she should also see Tara Lynn and Wesley (our cousins). Grant and I are going to miss her, but I know how much she enjoys playing with the other kids, so that makes it easier to let her go.
Granters is growing like a weed. Yesterday he sat up all by himself for close to a minute before he toppled over. He got the biggest grin on his face (which I would've captured on a camera, if I had one!) and was so proud of himself. When he fell over he got this look on his face like, "Wait. What am I doing on the floor?" It was pretty cute. He's trying to cut a tooth so he chews on everything in sight and has been a bit cranky today. I'm hoping that he'll take after Regan and cut two at a time and then be happy for a couple of months before he cuts the next two!
I have a funny Regan story to tell:
Yesterday after lunch Regan was playing with all of her books. She was lining them up in the entryway one at a time. Eric and I were in the living room watching the Olympics (SO sad, they're over, by the way) when we heard her start to tell her books, in a rather firm voice, to "Stay There! I be right back, you stay there!" It was quite humerous, as Regan is often told to stay there. In fact, I think this all came about because as we were leaving the Donut Shop with Grandad yesterday morning (a new tradition), I told her to stay on the sidewalk while I put Baby Grant in the car and that I would come back for her.
Anyway, so she goes about telling each individual book to stay there while she goes and gets yet another book. As she is making her way back into the entryway, we heard a smack, like she had dropped a book. Then we heard a VERY stern mother Regan tell one of her baby books, "NO, book, you O-BEY. Stay there. You O-BEY book!" And yes, the smack we heard was our very own daughter spanking her book because it did not obey her. I'm wondering if our life lesson of obedience isn't quite making the connection....
So that sums up our life for now. Football starts in 2 weeks, can I get an AMEN!? And if anyone knows how to get rid of ants in our dishwasher, drop us a line!!
Maybe next time I post, it will be with pictures!!
1 comment:
Quite the contrary, Kayla. Your life lessons on obedience ARE making the connection. She has learned it (at least as far as she can understand)and is now teaching it. Kids are fun and cute!!
Post a Comment