Thursday, June 11, 2009

You've Got Mail

I decided to update a few more things around the house since the lights turned out so well.  Our mailbox is a bit bo-ring, but have you seen the price of a new mailbox lately!? Holy moly, those people are out of their minds if they think I'm going to pay $30 for a new mailbox!

That's okay, though, because with a little bit of blue painters tape, a whole lot of patience....
..and some antique white craft paint... the mailman now has something a bit spicier to look at as he drops yet another piece of junk mail into the mailbox.

PS  Somehow I just noticed the little lines on the side of the mailbox -- I'll have to get those tomorrow!



A few years ago we inherited this ugly, swing arm brass lamp from a relative. Since we don't have an overhead light in our living room, we need all the help we can get from lamps, so we've kept it.

And I hated it.

And then a few days ago, I decided to do something about it.

I forgot to take a before picture, but here's one with a cute little Cinderella in it! :)


I just hit that sucker up with some alcohol to clean all the finger prints off, slapped on some Rustoleum Metallic spray paint in Espresso, added a $15 lamp shade from Wal-Mart and voila!

She's a lot prettier to look at now, don't you think!?


3 comments:

chrisandtif said...

Look at you! That is awesome! You rock, Kayla!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are so crafty. Will you come back to my house for a few weeks?
Love ya, Mom

Beth said...

Kayla, I am so proud of you, and you say you don't have a crafty bone in your body. Yeah right.

Your little flower girl looks beautiful!! Good job on the hair.

Beth