Monday, August 14, 2006

Red River

Last weekend Regan and I went to the Hendershot family reunion in Red River, NM. We had a lot of fun with our family and Regan got very spoiled! My sister, Brandi, wasn't able to make it becuase she's only 3 weeks away from giving birth to the first grandson! The weather was wonderful; I wore jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt all weekend! Here is a picture of the foggy mountains the morning we left.
This is my beautiful sister, Sarah. She's a "cool" aunt now. In order to be a cool aunt, you have to do something that the mommy doesn't approve of, but you do it anyway because you're cool. Her initiation was giving my daughter a taste of Cool Whip. Don't worry, though. I got her back by putting makeup on Kylie.
Here's Kylie holding Baby Regan. Kylie and Sarah have been reading through the Bible in one year. When Sarah told Kylie they were going to Red River, Kylie got very thoughtful and then said, "Mommy! That's the river that Moses parted!!" What a genius. Aubrey wouldn't stand still long enough for me to take her picture with Regan.
And here's my mom Bobbi, who turned almost half a century old the day before we left. Despite her age, I think she's still pretty stinking gorgeous. I'm lucky I look like her!