Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Roller girl

The first weekend in June, Regan is going to be a flower girl in one of my friends' wedding.  I've been trying to figure out how to fix her hair for the event, and I've had these sponge curlers in the closet for awhile.  So, this past Saturday night after bath time, I thought it would be fun to roll Regan's hair for Sunday, mostly so I could try it out for the wedding.  Mom used to roll our hair a lot when we were little, and even up into high school, I remember her rolling it for big events (homecoming...a cute boy in church...).  Let me just say, I have so much more appreciation for Mom after rolling just one little girl's hair.  I can't imagine doing it for three squirmy girls!


Regan was so excited and cute about it all.  I warned her very sternly to not take the curlers out, and she didn't.  I was really shocked because she always plays with her hair when she's falling asleep, but she didn't seem to have any problems with it.
This is right after I took the curlers out.  She had on the cutest Navy dress that she got for her birthday from Nana and Papa.  She looked like a blonde headed Shirley Temple!

After I brushed all the curls out.  This would be the point that Eric walked in from church rehearsal and this is what he saw.  The look on his face was priceless.  Of course, I may have played it up and gone on and on about how cute I thought it was, and it turned out exactly how I wanted it, blah blah blah.  It was pretty funny.  I think the look on Regan's face is hilarious!
And here it is after a few squirts of detangler to loosen it up. 
Our curly-q...
I think it turned out pretty well, but I'm also going to experiment rolling it a few different ways before I decide on a particular look for the wedding.

1 comment:

randbbennett said...

How CUTE!!! I love the curls! It really curly good. She did look like a blonde Shirley Temple!