Saturday, December 09, 2006

Regan's week

Ladies and Gentleman, an incredibly exciting new experience in the Rath household has taken place. Introducing.... a baby who sleeps through the night!!! Yes, that's right. Regan has finally started to sleep through the night. Sure, we've had our glitches a couple of times, but we just let her cry it out and she's usually asleep again within a few minutes. She's even started to not cry when we lay her down for her nap. She had just woken up from her nap when I took this picture. She was having a spit-upish day, so I finally gave up on changing her clothes and just let her be naked with a diaper and socks on.
This was week 1 of Eric's two straight weeks of gigs. In order to feel somewhat close to him, I took Regan to the dress rehearsal of The Nutcracker on Thursday night. It was really good, despite our daughter making spitting sounds for the last half of it. I wanted a picture of her with a ballerina, and this was the only non-anorexic looking one I could find. I'm not even kidding. Sorry it's blurry, but I accidentally had the camera on the wrong setting. Grr.
Every day when Eric comes home from work, he takes Regan back to our bedroom with him while he changes clothes and that's his time to talk to her and mess around with her. I was lucky enough yesterday to take this picture and I think it is so precious! Regan likes it when we give her eskimo kisses, so that's what Eric was doing. She's so cute because she gets real still and has the sweetest look on her face. My heart gets all bubbly looking at the love on each of their faces.
Regan is about thisclose to crawling. She does what we call her sea lion crawl because she flops her legs behind her and pulls herself along with her hands. She's really starting to get where she wants to go, too. Yesterday when I was getting ready I put her in the middle of the living room with some toys and I heard her fussing and when I went in to check on her, she had gotten all the way to the hallway!
This is Regan checking Tooter out this morning. We're dog-sitting for the day while Granny and Papa went to Childress. Regan thinks Tooter is pretty interesting. She even let the dog lick her in the face! She loves to watch her tail wag but isn't too interested in touching her... yet.

No comments: