Well let me tell you about my day. Regan woke up at 5:30 this morning, cried for 20 minutes, I finally went in and got her calmed down, went to put her in her crib and instead lost my balance and dropped her in her crib, thereby waking her up. Finally, after she went back to sleep at 6:30, I decided to eat a bowl of cereal.
There was no milk to be found in our house. And I suddenly remembered I had one diaper left for the day, and it's a mother's day out day. So at 6:30 while Eric is in the shower, I headed out to Wal-Marts to buy diapers and milk.
I got home, ate my cereal and decided to "rest my eyes" for a few minutes before getting some laundry done before I had to wake Regan up to get her ready for MDO. Yep, I woke up at 8:20, 25 minutes before we are to be heading out the door. So I frantically got Regan dressed and fed and we head out the door only to still be the last mom and daughter to show up for MDO, 10 minutes late.
Of course it's at this point that I realize I was supposed to have a nap mat for Regan this week. Did I have one? No. Wal-Marts didn't have one when I looked and I figured, "hey, I've got a long weekend with no husband, I'll just go to one of the other stores in town and get one then". But this child is taking all of my brain cells and I completely blanked and forgot to get one. Not to worry, they have extras and although her teacher didn't say so, I know she was thinking, "yeah, we have extras for the poor children whose mother's can't get their acts together." So I leave Regan and head to my first of two houses to clean today.
All goes well there, I have 2 1/2 hours to clean the second one, no problem. Except her kitchen seemed especially dirty. So I decide to spend extra time on her kitchen and in the process, spill the mop water all over the clean dining room floor. After this extra, extra time spent on the house, it's now time for me to be picking Regan up and I'm about 20 minutes away from the church.
Again frantically, I drive to the church, ignoring all yield signs and speed limits and arrive still 10 minutes late. My poor child is sitting in the teacher's lap, having pulled her ponytails out of her hair, looking like a kid from Fraggle Rock and I just know she thought I had abandoned her. I fall over myself apologizing to her and the teachers and we leave.
I decided to go to the other Wal-Marts immediately so as not to repeat my forgetting Regan's nap mat performance. I also decide to get stuff for supper since I obviously hadn't planned ahead for my day and gotten anything ready. So we go to Wal-Marts, me in one of Eric's t-shirts and ugly maternity sweatpants which I made into capris, with my hair pulled back and no make-up. Regan is covered in the cheese and peanut butter cracker that I gave her on the way to the store and still looks like a fraggle rock kid because without water, her hair is useless. We go in, get most of what we need and are looking for one more item and who should we run into...?
That's right. The girl from my high school graduating class who was nominated "best looking". And she still looked her best. I felt someone looking at me, and I looked over and immediately recognized her. Before she could have half a chance of recognizing me, I shot around the corner and headed straight for the checkout. Without getting my ham. So now I have to go back to the store to get a ham for supper. And Eric will be home in 1 hour, and Regan still looks like a fraggle rock kid and I am still basking in my cleaning day aroma.
I knew I would have bad days when I became a mom, but for real. This has got to be the "mother" of all bad days!! So, on that note, here is a baby bump picture because if nothing else, it was taken on a day when I'd actually had a shower!
.jpg)
2 comments:
Oh my Kayla, you really did have a bad day. So sorry. Just remember everyone loved the Fraggle Rocks. Hope your day goes better tomorrow.
Love ya, Mom
Oh Kayla! It is honestly just good to know that other people out there are as much of a mess as I am sometimes! You just tell it so much funnier than I ever could- if I told one of my bad day stories, it would just be depressing :) I love hearing about you guys though, and you look adorable!
Post a Comment