Friday, October 05, 2007

Regan's week

Regan has learned so many new actions and words this week. Here she is doing her "Oh my goodness" face. You can't really tell, but we finally got her hair in pigtails!! She looks so stinking cute and gets lots of compliments on her pigtail personality! :)
A few days ago I gave Regan a chocolate chip cookie for her snack. Thankfully I thought to strip her down to her diaper first because as you can see, she made a huge mess!! But she loved the cookie and even fussed for awhile when I told her no more. She must get that from her momma! :)
When we were in Wichita for Sarah's wedding a few weeks ago, my dad and I had to go to Walgreens to get a few things. Dad found this puppy and gave it to Regan and she held on to him the whole time we shopped, and screamed when it was time to pay for him. (I promise she doesn't cry all the time and I do put clothes on her every once in awhile! :) For some reason, mostly because he's weird, Dad came up with the name (a good, solid German name in his opinion) of Grab-n-holt for the dog. I should've named it something different once we got home because Regan loves Grabnholt and takes him everywhere with her. She's even started sleeping with him at night instead of her blankie!
Inevitably, whenever we're leaving someplace like mother's day out or sunday school, I'll ask Regan if she has Grabnholt (and yes, she knows who I'm talking about) and someone will ask me what the dog's name is so I have to relay the entire story of how weird my dad is and how the dog got its name. ("She grabbed on to him and wouldn't let go, and even in Texas they don't say hold, they say holt," according to my father). Anyway, here she is watching Elmo and playing with Grabnholt yesterday.
Eric played in a recital last night in Plainview. Regan and I went along for the ride. Here she is all propped up in her own chair, kicked back and relaxing (notice that she took her shoes off!?), waiting for the concert to start.
If any of you have seen the bud light commercial where the two guys take bottles of beer into the opera and they burst when the lady sings a high note.... that's definitely the story of my life -- and I haven't even gotten to the part where my own kids have recitals! Last night was the world premiere of a piece that Eric wrote for vibes and piano. It's a beautiful song, and he did a great job playing it!
Like I said earlier, I promise, I really do put Regan in clothes -- but Friday's are our messy days, so she usually runs around in a diaper. Today we made a red velvet cake for Daddy (there wasn't a special reason, I just wanted a cake! :) She loved licking the spoon and laughed for a long time when I had her look in the mirror!! She also had her hands in the batter for a second and then touched her belly button, so now she has a red belly button!

No comments: